Recent Faculty Publications
Find answers to questions like these: What sort of transferable professional skills will I learn as a Religious Studies major? What sorts of careers do Religious Studies majors choose? What courses can I get into my first year? Plus, check out how high Religious Studies majors rank in national LSAT scores. You may be surprised!
If you crave personalized attention in a flexible, interdisciplinary program supported by all the resources of a top research university, the Department of Religious Studies may be the best fit for you.
News & Bulletins
- Setting Aside a Scholarly Get-Together, for the Planetís Sake Professor Laurie Zoloth - a magnificent tribute for a truly generative vision of change.
- Find us on Facebook
- Love and Liberation: Autobiographical Writings of the Tibetan Buddhist Visionary Sera Khandro by Sarah Jacoby
- Theology and The End of Doctrine by Christine Helmer, see review in The Christian Century
- A Surprising Success Story: Jobs and the Arts and Humanities
FACULTY SEARCH: Assistant Professor in Hinduism beginning September 1, 2015
- 2014-15 YEARLY COURSE SCHEDULE
- The Daily Northwestern- a student praising Philosopy of Religion Class
- Robert Orsi has received McCormick Professorship, a university-wide teaching honor
- Jewish Messianic Thoughts in an Age of Despair by Kenneth Seeskin
- The Ethical Vision of Clint Eastwood by Sara Anson Vaux
"Love and Liberation: Autobiographical Writings of the Tibetan Buddhist Visionary Sera Khandro"
January 7, 2015 • 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Religion, Law and Politics Speaker Series - Vanja-Ivan Savic
January 20, 2015 • 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Religion, Law & Politics Speaker Series - Ruth Marshall
January 22, 2015 • 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
The Department of Religious Studies at Northwestern University is a diverse community of scholars, comprising outstanding professors, graduate students and undergraduate majors and minors, who study the history, texts and lived religious practices that have shaped our world. Home to 14 full time faculty and numerous other visiting faculty and joint appointments, the department is known for its breadth, interdisciplinary emphasis, excellence in teaching and award winning faculty scholarship.