Recent Faculty Publications
Find answers to questions like these: What sort of transferable professional skills will I learn as a Religious Studies major? What sorts of careers do Religious Studies majors choose? What courses can I get into my first year? Plus, check out how high Religious Studies majors rank in national LSAT scores. You may be surprised!
If you crave personalized attention in a flexible, interdisciplinary program supported by all the resources of a top research university, the Department of Religious Studies may be the best fit for you.
News & Bulletins
- The Daily Northwestern- a student praising Philosopy of Religion Class
- FACULTY SEARCH: Assistant Professor in Hinduism beginning September 1, 2014
- 2013-14 YEARLY COURSE SCHEDULE
- Robert Orsi has received McCormick Professorship, a university-wide teaching honor
- Jewish Messianic Thoughts in an Age of Despair by Kenneth Seeskin
- The Ethical Vision of Clint Eastwood by Sara Anson Vaux
- Cristina Traina's and Barry Wimpfheimer's new books were featured in the Fall 2011 issue of CenterPiece magazine published by the Office for Research.
- Cristina Traina’s book Erotic Attunement: Parenthood and the Ethics of Sensuality between Unequals is available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
After-Life of Phenomenology Research Workshop Speaker - Paul Livingston on Badiou
February 10, 2014 • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The Department of Religious Studies at Northwestern University is a diverse community of scholars, comprising outstanding professors, graduate students and undergraduate majors and minors, who study the history, texts and lived religious practices that have shaped our world. Home to 14 full time faculty and numerous other visiting faculty and joint appointments, the department is known for its breadth, interdisciplinary emphasis, excellence in teaching and award winning faculty scholarship.